The WINTEX 1000s is an automatic soil sampler for soil samples to the depth of 30 cm. About 300 cores which equals approx. 20 soil samples per hour ensure fast and efficient sampling.
Compared to collecting soil samples manually, the number of soil samples and the acreage covered increase significantly without hiring extra help. Sampling always happens in the exact same depth which can be adjusted infinitely from 0-30 cm. This ensures highly homogeneous samples and reduces physical strain.
The WINTEX 1000s works fast in all kinds of soil. A hydraulic hammer together with the pressure from the cylinder ensures that the soil probe goes down to the desired depth. It is possible to adjust down pressure from from the driver seat according to the type of soil to reliably collect soil samples in all kinds of soil, even in frozen ground.
The soil samples are taken by a soil sampler core probe and not with an auger. Ensuring a completely homogeneous sample. If a sample is taken with an auger, you will always take more material from the top layers than from the lower layers of the soil which influences the accuracy of the sample.
Virtually all vehicles can be used as carrier vehicles for the WINTEX 1000s. All functions can be comfortably being carried out from the driver’s seat. The soil sampler works reliably, is extremely robust and only needs minimum maintenance.
Probe Sampling Method
- The Wintex probe delivers a homogenous sample—a true picture of your soil’s health, inch by inch. Auger probes, on the other hand, take the majority of their samples from only the soil’s top layer. The specially developed Wintex probe collects approximately 1 lb. of soil with 12-15 cores at a sampling depth of 6", which is the preferred quantity of soil by laboratories.
- The addition of a hydraulic hammer allows you to sample even the toughest soils—from heavily compacted soils to frozen ground. Adjust the cylinder pressure for different soil types and conditions.
Electronic Depth Control
- Electronic Depth Control (EDC) allows the operator to infinitely adjust the depth of the probe by simply adjusting a sensor, which ensures a consistent sampling depth during every cycle.
- If a rock or other destructive material causes the machine to reverse before reaching your desired sample depth, the Wintex 1000s automatically discards the core before placing it in the soil box, which saves you the time and hassle of sorting through bad samples.
Single Sample Holding Box
- Each probe sample automatically deposits into the holding box. Easily transfer your core samples to soil lab bags once you’ve gathered your desired number of probes.
All Soil Types
- Scraper blades clean the probe between every stick so you can take accurate samples in all types of soil—even in extremely dry, freshly tilled, or wet soils.
- The Wintex 1000 integrates with your GPS unit to automatically Geo-reference all of your samples, making repeatable, year-to-year sampling seamless and simple. Also use the data to create precise fertility and fertilizer prescription maps to increase productivity in your fields.
Independently Powered System
- Install or uninstall this Honda-powered system on nearly any vehicle in under an hour when you need the ultimate portable and flexible sampling system.
Driver’s Seat Operation
- Even a long day of soil sampling is less tiring when you control all functions from the driver’s seat.